- New collection features menswear range as well as merino, cashmere and lambswool accessories such as scarves, capes, throws and blankets
- Styling workshops with Joanne Costello and Jill Blanc, an evening with rugby legend Ollie Campbell, skincare demos and a Silk Scarf Painting workshop among events taking place to celebrate 40th birthday
- Were you born in 1979? Pop in for a free coffee and scone to celebrate your 40th!
Fishers of Newtownmountkennedy Ltd., a family-owned, award-winning department store located on a one-acre site in the heart of County Wicklow, has launched a new own brand clothing and accessories collection to celebrate 40 years in business.
Entitled ‘Fishers Inspired Collection’, the new range features menswear, as well as a wide range of accessories for ladies and men. The men’s shirt and knitwear offerings consist of classically tailored designs, along with some bolder styled items, while the range of soft chinos are the perfect base for any contemporary outfit. The ‘Fishers Inspired Collection’ also features an exquisite array of beautifully woven merino, cashmere and lambswool accessories such as scarves, capes, throws and blankets. More products will be added to the collection in the coming months.
Fishers of Newtownmountkennedy, which is located just 45 minutes from Dublin and open seven days a week, already features an extensive range of ladies’ smart, casual and lifestyle clothing, a menswear shop, children’s clothing, a giftware and homeware department as well as an extensive accessories section featuring jewellery, scarves, wraps, bags, hats, belts and lots more.
Brands stocked include Magee, Eden Park, Olsen, Columbia, Joules, Riverwoods, Part Two, Rabe, Baileys, Brook Taverner, Bruhl, Hatico, Seasalt, Noa Noa, Bianca, Betty Barclay, Red Cuckoo, Ria Organics, Jo Browne and Ireland’s Eye. Collections are available both instore and online at www.fishers.ie.
The beautiful 10,000 sq. ft. destination venue in the bustling village of Newtownmountkennedy also hosts the award-winning café and restaurant ‘Food at Fishers’, Salon H, a hair salon, and Beds of a Feather, a bed and bedding specialist store. A curated gallery and craft space called ‘The Schoolhouse Studio and Workshop’ is also available in-store, featuring local handmade art, crafts and photography, with artists regularly working, exhibiting and running workshops there. Extensive free parking is available on-site.
To coincide with their 40th anniversary, Fishers of Newtownmountkennedy is hosting a wide range of in-store events in the coming months such as:
- Fashion shows showcasing the new collection
- Styling workshops with Joanne Costello and Jill Blanc – featuring lots of advice and tips on how to embrace your individual style
- A rugby, wine and menswear event with Ollie Campbell, the former Irish rugby player, wine expert Peter Crosse and Lynn Temple from Magee
- ‘Natural Skincare’ featuring demonstrations from local brands Jo Browne, Meadows and Ria Organics
- ‘Silk Scarf Painting’ – make your own silk scarf to take home
- ‘Wire Art’ – make your own wire sculpture to take home
A range of special offers* will also be available in the coming months to mark the 40th birthday, including:
- Were you born in 1979? We’d love to help you celebrate your 40th by offering you a tasty scone and hot drink, for free, in ‘Food at Fishers’. Just show your ID at the till to redeem your gift
- 20% off the ‘Fishers Inspired’ collection
- Buy three items and get a fourth free
- A free scarf with every coat purchased
- A bottle of bubbly with every purchase over €100
- Fishers will also give customers a €10 gift voucher for every bag full of clothes donated for the ‘St. Vincent de Paul Bag Drop
Renowned for exemplary service, Fishers employs 22 people, with the entire team trained in all aspects of styling and image. A personal shopping service is available to customers at no extra cost, while an in-house seamstress offers an alteration and personalisation service for any garments bought in the store. A customer loyalty programme also offers a range of promotions, discounts and invitations to all in-store events.
The business recently carried out a significant upgrade of its store and grounds to enhance the overall shopping experience. Future plans include doubling the car parking facilities. And for those who can’t bear to leave the beautiful surrounds of Newtownmountkennedy, the old Schoolmasters House at Fishers, a charming self-catering cottage, is now available to rent.
Rebecca Harrison, Managing Director of Fishers of Newtownmountkennedy, says the 40th anniversary is a significant milestone for the store, and developing the new ‘Fishers Inspired’ own brand collection seemed a very appropriate way to mark the occasion.
“Having worked closely with our customers for over four decades, we have gained a unique insight into their expectations of quality, sustainability and durability. We know they are price conscious and want to be perfectly styled. The logical next step was to use this information to produce our own collection which, alongside our brand, will represent those same values. All of the items we sell are designed to stand the test of time as well as being timelessly stylish, and Fishers Inspired Collection will be no different. We love our new ‘Fishers Inspired Collection’ and look forward to adding to it in the coming months.”
For regular updates, check out www.fishers.ie, follow us on Twitter – @fishersofnmk
or find us on Facebook & Instagram @fishersofnewtownmountkennedy
*Specific dates and T&C’s apply – please check out www.fishers.ie/40 for all details