- New charity aims to empower men in relation to the prevention and early detection of challenges to their health and well-being
- The Tony Fenton Golf Classic is calling on sponsors and participants to get involved to help funds and awareness in the name of ‘The Dude’
The Tony Fenton Foundation (TFF) will formally launch on the 22nd of September 2017 at the inaugural ‘Tony Fenton Golf Classic’ event at the luxurious Carton House, Maynooth, Co. Kildare. The charity has been established to raise funds and awareness in relation to men’s health in Ireland and to better educate men on the prevention, detection and treatment of health challenges.
Legendary Irish DJ, Tony Fenton passed away on the 12th of March 2015, after a five-year battle with cancer. One of Tony’s greatest legacies was to speak out publicly about his own cancer, the fear, the sadness & the worry. In doing so, he inspired many to start their own conversations, empowering them to be active in prevention, detection & accessing of treatments .
‘The Tony Fenton Golf Classic’ will consist of a ‘ten hole’ game of golf with the tenth taking place in the Carton House Clubhouse. Entertainment on the day will be provided by renowned musician and friend of Tony, Paul Harrington with a number of special guests and Emcee to be announced.
Golfers of all handicaps are welcome and non-golfers are also encouraged to participate in what will be an entertaining day in honour of the ‘The Dude’. Those who wish to practice on the Carton House putting green will also be accommodated. In advance of the event, organisers are seeking sponsors for tee boxes and greens.
A four-ball outing and three course dinner at Carton House restaurant is priced at €1,000. Tickets for the three course dinner with wine and pre dinner drinks reception, exclusive of golf are priced at €150 per person with all funds raised on the day going to The Tony Fenton Foundation.
The foundation aims to facilitate honest, positive & straightforward conversations around men’s health at community level, focusing where men are at their most comfortable -in recreational sport venues, work locations both urban and rural and traditional community gatherings. A call is being made to golfers to get together to raise funds to help better access and educate men across all communities in positive health action #GetAGrip .
- Date: 22nd September 2017
- Tee Time: 3.30pm
- Clubhouse: 5.30pm with live music entertainment
- Dinner: Three course dinner with wine and pre dinner drinks reception at 7.00pm with entertainment by Paul Harrington plus special guests
- Golf and dinner tickets: ‘Ten holes’ of golf with dinner – €1,000
- Dinner tickets: Individual dinner ticket (No Golf) – €150
For more information and to book your ticket, visit: www.tonyfenton.ie or ‘Like’ The Tony Fenton Foundation on Facebook and Follow @TonyFentonFDN on Twitter