Boyne Brewhouse craft beers are brewed with passion in the heart of the Boyne Valley at Drogheda’s Boyne Brewhouse and Boann Distillery
Boyne Brewhouse, the craft brewery based in Drogheda, have launched a limited edition ‘Winter Warmers’ three bottle Irish craft beer range to enjoy as the days draw shorter and the festive season approaches.
Stout season beckons and two new beers have been brewed as companions to the multi award winning Imperial Stout, named “Best Beer in Ireland” at the 2018 Alltech Craft Beer Awards. The brewing team at the Boyne Brewhouse looked to the brewing traditions of Belgium and England respectively for the beer styles and all three beers embody the spirit of Winter, cold nights, celebrations, good company and fireside conversation.
The 330ml bottle ‘Winter Warmers’ collection consists of:
- Imperial Stout 10.8% – multi award-winning barrel aged stout. Complex, dark and rich, the aroma offers some roast coffee and cocoa nib with a hint of both sherry and whiskey notes
- Belgian Dubbel 8% – Malty, rich, caramel. Rich deep brown coloured beer with ruby overtones and a malty aroma complemented by a delicate bouquet of dark fruits, chocolate and caramel
- Winter Ale 8% – Rich, dark, warming. Luxurious caramel tones with lots of chocolate and coffee notes
*Full tasting notes are below
Richard Hamilton, Boyne Brewhouse Head Brewer, says: “We take great pride in ensuring that we use only the best ingredients and our own Boyne Valley spring water in brewing all our craft beers. A lot of time has been taken to experiment and perfect our recipes and the interesting limited edition styles we have released are testament to the quality of these ingredients, brewing styles and inspirations.”
Boyne Brewhouse Winter Warmers Collection – Tasting Notes:
- Imperial Stout 10.8% RRP €4.60 – Limited Edition
Complex, dark, rich. Deep black with a tan coloured head. The aroma offers some roast coffee and cocoa nib with a hint of both sherry and whiskey notes.
A rich mellow taste on the palate with coffee and bitter chocolate from the dark roasted malt. The high alcohol content is balanced by the malt and intense sherry barrel flavours.
The rich full body finishes with the slightest hint of dry Oloroso Sherry fruit.
Aging for four months in Oloroso Sherry Casks which has held “The Whistler” range of Single Malt whiskeys for 2+ years has extracted complex vanilla and spice notes to this special edition Imperial Stout.
- Best Beer in Ireland Alltech Craft Beer Awards 2018
- Gold Medal Alltech Craft Beers Awards 2018
- Ireland Winner World Beer Awards 2018
- Best Barrel Aged Craft Beer Irish Whiskey Awards 2017
- Gold Medal Dublin Alltech Craft Beer Awards 2017
- 1 star Great Taste Award 2017
- Belgian Dubbel 8% RRP €4.25 – New Limited Edition
Malty, Rich, Caramel. This abbey style ale is a rich deep brown coloured beer with ruby overtone.
A deliciously malty aroma is complemented by a delicate bouquet of dark fruits, chocolate and caramel. A slight pepperiness finishes the palate of this special brew dark beer.
- Winter Ale 8% RRP €4.25 – New Limited Edition
Rich, dark, warming. This malt forward winter warmer has luxurious caramel tones from the use of both light and dark crystal malt. The beautiful creamy mouthfeel is exceptionally balanced due to the use of traditional English hops in the recipe.
Lots of chocolate and coffee notes help round out the fresh and clean palate of this winter solstice brew.
Join the Conversation Facebook/Twitter/Instagram – @BoyneBrewhouse
The Boyne Brewhouse range is available on draught in selected pubs and stocked in 500ml bottle, 330ml bottle and 330ml can in O Briens Fine Wines, Molloys, Mortons, Drinkstore of Stoneybatter, Baggot Street wines, Redmonds of Ranelagh, Wines on the Green,Savages of Swords, Joyces Supermarkets Galway, Next Door and Carry Out Off Licences nationwide, O’Donovans Cork, Tesco, Super Valu and Centra Stores, Lidl, Spar, Mace, Eurospar and Londis stores nationwide.