- New pack specifically developed by Magnet+ and security partner Exponential-e after survey revealed 50% of businesses have not implemented an email security solution
- Key element of new product includes unique “fake phishing” campaign to test security awareness of employees
A brand-new Cyber Security Pack has been created by Magnet+, Ireland’s largest connectivity network, to help Irish businesses protect themselves against the significant rise in phishing emails as well as other types of vulnerabilities, threats or breaches.
This new product was especially devised by Magnet+ and its security partner Exponential-e, following research conducted by the company which revealed that almost one in four businesses say that email attachments pose the greatest cyber security threat to their business. However, the survey also revealed that 50% of businesses have not implemented an email security solution to prevent this.
So, what does “Phishing” actually mean?
“Phishing” occurs when a cybercriminal impersonates a reputable business or person in an email or other form of communication such as SMS or direct message on social media. Phishing emails often contain malicious links or harmful attachments that can be used to steal confidential user data such as login credentials or credit card numbers. Opening an unknown and potentially unsafe email attachment can have a detrimental impact on any business – not only in terms of financial loss and loss of business, but also reputational damage.
How will the Magnet+ Cyber Security Pack help businesses?
One element of the new product involves engaging a simulated Email Phishing Campaign that will test employee’s security awareness and see if they open a phishing attachment or not. Results will be reported, highlighting any areas for improvement while follow-up training videos will also be offered to staff.
Other elements of the new Cyber Security Pack from Magnet+, which brings a unique mix of services together for the first time making it a beneficial tool if you are planning to invest in cyber security insurance include:
- A monthly vulnerability scan which will identify weaknesses within your existing security systems by mimicking the actions of the most effective cybercriminals and offer advice on where your business should implement any extra required precautions.
- A one-off three-day penetration test where intensive attempts are made to break through your cyber defences over a three-day period employing the same tactics used by attackers. This is crucial to identifying weak spots and gaps in your cyber security system already in place.
- A one-off Cyber Essentials self-assessment which will act as a baseline certification for IT architects and consultants. Magnet+ help secure and protect what you value most 24/7, allowing you to focus on your core business services.
The new product currently being rolled out by Magnet+ is in partnership with international IT, communications and technology innovator Exponential-e. Magnet+ customers can now be secure in the knowledge that as well as benefiting from world class technical expertise, their business will have the highest level of cyber security controls possible.
John Delves, Managing Director of Magnet+, says:
“The survey we conducted showed that that Irish businesses need to do a lot more to ensure they are prepared for a cyber security attack, as such a situation can have a detrimental impact on any business – not only in terms of financial loss and loss of business, but also reputational damage. Once we saw the results, we knew we had to act so we developed this this critical new product which will help Irish businesses protect their most vulnerable assets.
As the digital economy grows and the workplace becomes more and more online, it is essential that businesses give themselves the best chance possible to protect their organisation against cyberattacks. The potential loss of income to businesses as a result of a phishing email or malware is extraordinary and by ensuring your business is protected will help you reap the benefits in the long-term.”
For more information and regular updates, check out www.magnetplus.ie or
follow us on Twitter @MagnetPlus