Over 400 courses now available to school leavers and adult learners across the Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim region
- Business studies, nursing, science, animal care, sports nutrition, tourism, technology and sustainability among courses available from Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim Education Training Board
- Get paid as you qualify with a range of ‘Earn as you Learn’ Apprenticeship opportunities available in Cybersecurity, Software Development, Network Engineering, Commis Chef, Carpentry & Joinery, Sales, Craft Butchery, Electrical, Plumbing and Hairdressing and many more
- Options include new innovative technology Traineeship in partnership with Microsoft Ireland to equip school leavers with in-demand IT skills to help address digital skills shortage in Ireland
Have you just finished your Leaving Certificate or maybe you’re looking to retrain and participate in adult education – but you’re just not sure what to do next? Maybe you’re interested in pursuing a career in Healthcare, Sports, Technology, Business, Craft Butchery, Welding, Beauty or the Creative Arts, but just don’t know what the next step is?
Whatever your passion is, make sure to check out Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim Education Training Board as the organisation now has over 400 courses across the three counties to choose from. So, whether it’s Cybersecurity, Sales, Tourism, Science, Technology, Agriculture or Sustainability, they have a course for you.
If you’re not keen on doing a course as you would prefer to start earning money now, there are a range of apprenticeship options which allow you to ‘Earn as you Learn’ in a variety of in-demand skills such as Cybersecurity, Software Development, Network Engineering, Commis Chef, Carpentry & Joinery, Sales, Craft Butchery, Electrical, Plumbing and Hairdressing and many more.
MSLETB – Where Learning meets Opportunity
All of the courses provided by Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim Education Training Board are specifically designed to help school leavers and adult learners fulfil their individual potential and equip them with the skills necessary to go into employment or progress directly into further higher education opportunities in degree courses and third level education.
And don’t worry – there will definitely be a course near you that’s of interest, as the programmes take place in MSLETB’s 19 schools, 12 Further Education and Training Centres, five Youthreach centres and two Training Centres across the region.
The even better news for school leavers and adult learners in Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim is that the MSLETB courses are taught by 1,500 fully qualified and experienced staff who, through small class sizes, engage in collaborative learning as well as offering ongoing career guidance.
And if social activity is important to you, you’ll be delighted to hear that all MESETB locations across the three counties engage in a range of sporting and social activities with other Institutes of Technology and Further Education Colleges, offering all students the opportunity to meet new people, try new things and become involved in college life.
There are four key options school leavers and adult learners across Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim can choose from:
- Post Leaving Certificate Courses (PLC’s) – Taking place across eight locations throughout Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim, these courses are full-time for one year. Options include science, technology, software development, agriculture, sports, healthcare and nursing, business, beauty and hairdressing creative arts. Each course is a mix of practical work, academic work and work experience. All courses are QQI recognised.
- Apprenticeships – Over 2,000 people across the region take part annually in an MSLETB paid apprenticeship opportunity where they are specifically trained to become qualified craftspeople in a variety of sectors. Apprenticeships include Cybersecurity, Software Developer, Network Engineer, Commis Chef, Carpentry & Joinery, Sales, Craft Butchery, Electrical, Plumbing and Hairdressing. MSLETB works closely with over 1,000 employers across the region to facilitate these apprenticeships.
- Traineeships – This offers job-specific training, which combines direct training and a significant period of Work-Based Learning (WBL) with an employer. These are full-time and all year-round opportunities to facilitate those entering the workforce for the first time. One of the most popular options is a new innovative national Traineeship in partnership with Microsoft – Microsoft Cloud Traineeship Programme – to equip learners with a host of in-demand ICT skills.
- Range of Part-time Programmes – Part-time courses are delivered flexibly to suit the learner, including in the evenings, and are aimed at people who may want to learn new skills or want to build on their current skills but may not be available to participate in full-time courses. The courses on offer can provide you with essential and valuable skills that make you more employable. Evening courses offer formal recognised qualifications in a whole range of in-demand skills areas. If you are looking to refresh your current skills, gain new skills or enter the workforce for the first time, we may have a suitable evening course for you.
Tom Grady, Chief Executive of Mayo Sligo Leitrim Education Training Board says:
“Thousands of school leavers and adult learners in Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim engage in our courses, apprenticeships and traineeships every year. We’re proud of the extensive range of options we have and that we are in a position to provide school leavers and adult learners with a fantastic starting point for a successful and fulfilling career. As a result, every year we provide a host of skilled and professionally qualified personnel who move on to make a significant contribution to the Irish economy. This year will be no different, and we’re looking forward to welcoming adult learners and the class of 2022 to MSLETB this year.”
In addition to school leavers, MSLETB also supports secondary school students, lifelong learners, returning learners, employers and employees in the region through the delivery of full and part time education opportunities. Approximately 30,000+ take part in their courses on an annual basis. In addition to school leaver options, other courses offered include Further Education and Training options, Back to Education Initiatives, Literary and Numeracy courses as well as Youth, Music and Outdoor Education services for children and young adults up to the age of 18.
The MSLETB covers an area of 9,014 km2 and has the largest geographic area of all 16 Education Training Boards. From full-time courses to part-time courses and night classes. The MSLETB has a range of educational opportunities to cater to anyone looking to start their career, study for a new qualification or upskill for their current job.
For those starting out, upskilling or simply looking for a career change – there’s an option for everyone with MSLETB.
For more details, check out:
www.msletb.ie or contact us on 1800 100 100
Twitter and Facebook – @msletb
LinkedIn – https://ie.linkedin.com/school/msletb/