Dentaltech unveils Ireland’s first-ever 3D printed dental prosthetics for anyone who requires full dentures or a removable tooth solution
- Process eliminates need for uncomfortable traditional ‘impression trays’ and dentures are delivered within days – instead of usual four-week waiting period!
- Backed by Enterprise Ireland, the Irish owned family business now focused on expanding its groundbreaking service offering to the UK and the USA
Dentaltech, Ireland’s largest provider and manufacturer of bespoke, high-quality dentures for people of all ages, has unveiled cutting-edge technology that allows their dentists to create revolutionary 3D printed dental prosthetics within days. The new ‘TRUEFIT by Dentaltech’ offering is ideal for anyone who requires full dentures, or who has a gap in their smile and needs a removable tooth solution.
Pioneers in the global field of denture creation and operating for nearly 50 years, Dentaltech is an Irish-owned family business that operates specialist denture clinics in Dublin, Waterford, and Wexford. The company manufactures their dentures at its in-house clinical laboratory in Dublin, which is the world’s largest certified digital printed dentures facility outside of the US and Canada.
The new ‘TRUEFIT by Dentaltech’ offering utilises the most advanced digital oral scanning techniques alongside 3D design and printing technology to produce better fitting, more comfortable, and more natural-looking full and partial denture solutions that significantly improve a patient’s ability to eat, chew, speak and socialise with dignity and confidence.
This new process eliminates the need for the uncomfortable traditional process of using ‘impression trays’ that have to set in the mouth and incur significant wait times. It now takes just one appointment and a matter of days for a patient to receive their new or replacement dentures or prosthetics – instead of up to four weeks!
In addition, the digital transformation significantly reduces the level of waste production in Dentaltech clinics. This is a clear step towards integrating more sustainable goals into the dental industry.
The ‘TRUEFIT by Dentaltech’ service can be utilised for:
- Full dentures to replace multiple teeth on the upper or lower jaw
- Partial dentures to fit the space left by one or more teeth that may have been lost or damaged through injury, infection, or a medical condition
- Provision of a spare set of dentures in case a patient loses or accidentally breaks a denture
How does ‘TRUEFIT by Dentaltech’ work?
- Step 1 – Digital Oral Scanning – A wand-like tool connected to a computer is used to create an accurate and instant 3D image of a patient’s mouth. The Dentaltech team then use computer-aided design and engineering software to design a perfectly-fitting denture that will match the patient’s teeth and gums perfectly. This results in dentures that feel more comfortable, secure, and natural from the moment they are inserted. The 3D image also allows the patient to see how their final smile will look.
- Step 2 – 3D Printing – The skilled Dentaltech team then physically produce the dentures using 3D printing technology. This very fast and reliable process uses extremely high-quality, and sustainable materials which offer premium durability to protect against breakage. In addition, for the first time ever, a patient can now receive a spare denture at the click of a button. This is a global first, as, in the past, this process could take weeks and require further clinic appointments.
Dentaltech has a team of 35 fully qualified and highly experienced employees, including Dental Technicians, Denturists, Dentists, and support staff. All dental professionals are registered with the Irish Dental Council and indemnified. The company also engages in denture repairs, including ‘same-day’ repairs in Dublin, as well as denture cleaning, relining, and refitting.
Dentaltech is run by Bevin Mahon, co-owner and Managing Director. A natural entrepreneur and innovator, Bevin has played a vital role in paving the way for a new model in denture creation in Ireland and has been accredited five times as the ‘Business All-Star Thought Leader’ in Community Health for her contribution to changing the way dental and denture services are accessed.
She says that given the success of the business in Ireland, Dentaltech is currently preparing to expand its groundbreaking service offering to the UK and the USA. ‘As denture specialists, the decision to move to 3D dentures was a key priority for us as we want the most comfortable and natural-looking dentures for our patients. In addition, people are living longer meaning the demand for removable replacement dentures and teeth is growing.”
“And, with 12% of 15–24-year-olds in Ireland missing teeth, 33% over 35 missing one or more teeth, 6% aged 24-75 missing all-natural teeth, and 42% aged 75+ missing all their teeth and wearing full dentures*, there is a growing market for partial denture solutions. That’s why we see digital 3D printed prosthetics as the future of the dental industry and we’ve very proud to be the first in Ireland to have the training and the lab facilities to offer this full end-to-end service to all our patients in all our locations. Our focus is also on bringing our unique offering to the wider global market, starting with the UK and the US.’
Enda McDonell, Manager for Enterprise Ireland added, “Enterprise Ireland is proud to back Bevin and the team at Dentaltech. It is an innovative, ambitious company that is leading the way in a very competitive market, both at home and abroad. The new TRUEFIT by Dentaltech product has the potential to deliver real patient benefits, while also assisting the business to operate in a more sustainable way. Dentaltech is just one example of great Irish-owned companies in the life sciences sector using innovation to compete and win internationally.’
Dentaltech is certified as a ‘Great Place To Work’ and over the years has received a host of prestigious awards including:
- Business Excellence Award for Best Leadership and Culture Company (2019)
- Business All-Star Award for Best Health Company (2019)
- Business All-Star Awards for Best Small Business (2018)
- Business Excellence Award for Best team (2010)
Dentaltech is also proudly listed on the register of companies that meet the UN Global Women’s Empowerment Principles, a set of principles helping to promote gender quality in the workplace.
TRUEFIT – it’s all in the name!
Find out more and book a free Denture Consultation at www.dentaltech.ie
Search for ‘Dentaltech Group’ on your social channel of choice to keep
up to date with our news
*Overview of Dental Services and Oral Health in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland 2022 – www.publichealth.ie